As we approach the end of 2023, it's crucial for Shopify store operators to gear up for the holiday rush.
At this point in the year, you’ve either tested numerous landing pages already OR you haven’t tested much beyond your ad creative.
Either way, you’re doing great and we’re here to make you better.
In this post, we'll dive into the top three ecommerce landing page optimizations that are essential for capitalizing on the holiday shopping frenzy in December 2023.
All of these can be carried out in 24-72 hours. We can also do it for you through our $500 Landing Page Offer.
Let’s dive in.
1. Craft a Dedicated Landing Page for Your Best Offer & Highlight Holiday Shipping Cutoffs
Why It's Crucial: Having a hero offer makes driving traffic to your site significantly easier. It’s your foundation, and allows you test new audiences, angles, and creative while keeping backend metrics and tactics like target AOV, upsells/cross-sells and conversion rates consistent. If you haven’t tested a landing page for your hero holiday offer, now is the time to do so.
How to Implement:
- Design an attractive, easy-to-navigate landing page for your hero offer (use Replo’s template library with over 1000 sections and pages to get you started)
- Clearly showcase your best holiday deals or exclusive products. Customers should be able to understand your promotion at a glance, AND be able to take advantage of it without complicated steps.
- Emphasize holiday shipping cutoffs to create a sense of urgency.
- If you have multiple products featured in your hero offer, split test driving to a collection page OR having a collection list shown on the landing page itself.
- If you have a single product/bundle, split test including the buy box on the Holiday Landing page vs. redirecting to the Product Details Page (aka PDP or product page).
Key Insight: Your landing page should be a seamless extension of your ad, carrying the same message and expectation set in your marketing campaigns. Duplicate a winning page layout and modify the headline, images, and offer framing to match the audiences and creatives you are testing against.
Ex. If you sell running shoes, you can tune your page content to showcase the benefits of your shoes to hardcore marathon runners, and then duplicate the page and tune the content to focus on people just starting to run.
2. Enhance Collection Pages with An Above-The-Fold Benefits Sections At Highlighting Sales, Offers, and Shipping Cutoffs
The Objective: Collection pages are often the first point of interaction in a lot of ad funnels. Adding a benefits section above-the-fold transforms these pages from mere listings to persuasive sales tools.
- Integrate 1 section that details the benefits of shopping with your brand this holiday season.
- Highlight exclusive sales and offers prominently.
- Reiterate shipping cutoffs to encourage immediate purchases.
- Make sure this is a small section - you don’t need to take up a ton of real estate on someone’s screen to get these points across.
Industry Perspective: To reiterate point 4 above, check out what CRO agency Oddit had to say about optimizing collection pages.
3. Develop a Thank-You Landing Page for Post-Purchase Engagement
Purpose: This strategy aims to enhance customer experience and open doors for additional sales.
- Create a thank-you landing page for post-purchase communications.
- Use email and SMS to direct customers to this page. Send it immediately after someone makes a purchase.
- If you/your team can record a “Thank You” video to embed above-the-fold, you will be able to maximize the value of this page type.
- Offer upsells, cross-sells, and exclusive discounts as a token of appreciation.
- Try ideas like, “Bought a gift? Now, treat yourself with a special discount!” This becomes easier to do if you use a post-purchase survey tool like KnoCommerce or Fairing. You can clearly identify who your customer purchased for today.
Sanjay Jenkins’ Insight: “This is actually a trick I learned from an old Maxwell Finn course in 2018/2019. A well-crafted thank you page could add significant incremental revenue. Worst case scenario, you’ve given your customers a good feeling about buying from your brand.”
Implementing these three landing page optimizations for Holiday 2023 can significantly lift your December and 2023 revenues and profits.
Remember, the key is to blend compelling offers with an exceptional user experience, ensuring your customers not only visit but also engage and convert. Profits get made or get spent in December - go get the bag!
Ready to get that end-of-year push to grow your Shopify store? Build high converting landing pages, home pages, Shopify 2.0 sections, and product pages without code using Replo. Install Replo for free to get started.