What is Klaviyo?
Klaviyo is a marketing automation platform that automates eCommerce SMS and email marketing to help businesses acquire, retain, and grow their customers by sending marketing emails.
What are the benefits of Klaviyo?
If you have a limited marketing budget, there’s one digital marketing channel you cannot afford to ignore: email.
Despite many years of grim predictions that email would be superseded by social media and instant messaging, the fact remains that email continues to outperform other digital channels, particularly for ecommerce businesses.
- Email delivers the best ROI on digital marketing spend.
- Email converts and retains customers better than any other channel. If you're not generating at least 20-25% of your revenue from email, you are leaving money on the table.
- Email is an ‘owned’ channel. Unlike SEO, paid search or paid display ads, you’re not at the mercy of third-party algorithms. As long as you adhere to email best practices, you can continue to grow a direct channel with customers.
So, when you build a list of engaged email contacts, you're building a tangible business asset.
But ‘email marketing’ does not mean the 'spam' that clogs junk folders. Effective email marketing empowers you to send the right content, to the right people, at the right time.
If you want to increase your email revenue by a factor of 4x or more, there are two things you need to do: Automate and Segment.
- Automated emails generate 4x more revenue per recipient than campaign emails
- They may take longer to set up and optimize. But once created, automated emails continue to work in the background while you sleep... or work on something else
- Over time, automated emails generate more revenue than campaign emails
- Not all customers are equal. Find and retain the customers who make you money
- Use this data to find more customers with similar intent
- Let go of the customers who are costing you money
- Sending to an engaged audience means better open and click rates, which improves results and list reputation